BSA Lifeguard will be offered April 27 from 6pm to 9pm and April 28, 2018 8am to 5pm
at the DV pool. Cost: $30.00. This course is a physically rigorous and challenging. The BSA Lifeguard course will prepare you for a summer job as a BSA lifeguard. This is considered an professional certification and taking this course does not automatically guarantee certification.
Each participant must complete all course requirements to the course director and instructors satisfaction. There are 2 – two-hour internships and passing written exam with 75% or better are required. These can be done at both Water Sports Days held on June 2 and Aug 4 or for any unit needing swimming checks or hold a swimming event. This internship must be done under the supervision of a qualified instructor.
1) 15 years of age or older before completion of course
2) Be a strong swimmer and be able to swim at least 550 yards non stop
3) Completed and be current in Basic First Aid and CPR for the Professional though a nationally
recognized origination. Please bring certification cards.
4) Have Swimming and Lifesaving MB – for youth
5) Have a current medical form completed.
A minimum of 4 people must be registered one week before date of it may be cancelled