Leave No Trace Trainer Training
Sponsored by: BSA Catalina Council
Date: September 28th-29th
Location: Camp Lawton 12900 East Organization Ridge Road, Mount Lemmon AZ 85619
This course is open to all Scouters and the to the general public. Must be 14 years old or older.
Upon successful completion of the Leave No Trace Trainer Course, each participant will become a qualified
Leave No Trace Trainer. Those who complete the course are equipped to:
- Understand, demonstrate, and teach minimum impact techniques;
- Lead outdoor ethics discussions and help others explore their own personal outdoor ethic; and,
- Conduct Leave No Trace Awareness Workshops and may assist at Leave No Trace Trainer Courses.
Course Description: Participants will receive hands-on training in Leave No Trace skills, ethics, and the seven principles. Other related topics may be discussed. You will have to present a 10-minute “Leave No Trace” presentation/demonstration, to be coordinated before attendance and presented on Saturday. Master Educator for this course will be Mr. Joe Reilly.
What to Bring:
- Copy of current Medical Form (returned upon completion of course, paper and pen.
- Water bottle, sunscreen, hat, closed-toe shoes, and flashlight.
- Clothing appropriate for weather conditions
- Your personal needs, such as medication
- Please bring your own snacks and drinks if you have a special diet. If you have any food allergies or needs, please communicate.
- Personal camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag, cot, hammock, etc.) as needed.