April 30th update – Scout Service Center & Scout Shop to remain closed
We hope everyone is continuing to be well and staying safe. As always, your safety and the safety of all our members, volunteers, and employees is our top priority. We know there are questions and concerns about how COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, will continue to affect local Scouting programs in the Catalina Council. Please know that we are monitoring the almost daily developments regarding COVID-19 from the Arizona Department of Health (ADH) https://azdhs.gov/ and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Stay at Home Order
You probably heard that Governor Ducey continued his Stay at Home order through May 15th
- The Scout Service Center will continue to be closed to the public and only operate on a part-time basis with limited staff to process the mail, payroll, pay bills and any of your requests. All employees will continue to work from home.
- You can still call and leave a voicemail or send an email which either the administrative or professional staff will respond to within 24 hours.
National Scout Shop
- The national Scout Shop in our office will continue to remain closed. National Supply will not reopen their retail stores in a state until they can operate with customers shopping in-store. Needed national supply items can continued to be ordered at www.scoutshop.org
- Does your unit need advancement items?
A process has been developed so units can have advancements shipped directly:
- Email your Advancement Report to NDCSupply.Orders@scouting.org.
- In body of email, include your phone number. Supply will call to process payment and confirm order.
- If you require advancement materials or products, please call the Customer Service at 800-323-0736, Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 7 pm EST.
Our Camps, Council and District Activities
Again, with Governor Ducey’s announcement about School closures and the need for children to stay safe and at home, and with the restrictions by the Forest Service and others that restrict groups to ten or less on our properties the Catalina Council Camps will continue to remain closed to Scouting group activities through Memorial Day weekend.
We also continue to postpone or cancel any Council or District activities
Summer Camp – We will be updating Units about our plans tomorrow, May 1st
The Forest Service has closed all of their Mt Lemmon campsites and facilities through June 30th. The Forest service has also restricted access to any group camp with a special permit, like we have, to no more than ten people practicing social distancing on the entire site. And we did ask if that was per campsite or the entire camp. The ten-person rule applies to the entire camp.
We will update all units signed up for summer camp about its status on May 1st.
Social Distance Scouting
Please continue to use this website on our Catalina Council web page as a resource. It includes at-home advancement guides for Cub Scouts as well as Scouts, B.S.A. The “Scouting at Home” site on Scouting.org now features multiple resources to help both parents and leaders support the continuation of Scouting adventures, with stay-at-home activities for any Scout rank, and tips for continuing to work on advancement. Check back regularly and share information with your parents and volunteers about these great options for at-home fun and learning for Scouting families and non-Scouting families alike.
Keep checking our website & Facebook page as we continue to update everyone on Scouting and the impact of Covid-19.
Stay safe & healthy,