June 8th COVID– 19 updates:
Restarting Scout Activities and Meetings
The Council has been working on ways to reopen Scouting in a way that meets prescribed safety protocols and ensures the safety of our members.
Our state is still in Phase 1 of reopening – Scout units can begin to have den and patrol meetings of ten or less following social distancing and other safety requirements listed below. Unit committees of ten or less could also follow these rules. In addition, the Unit would need to seek the guidance and follow the procedures as established by their chartered partners and understand the comfort level of their youth and parents to resuming limited small group meetings.
Pima County Health Department as of June 8th, 2020
Local COVID-19 Prevention Recommendations.
The Health Department is recommending the public follow these guidelines and protective measures.
- All medically vulnerable people and people over age 65 should continue to stay home as much as possible
- All physical distancing measures should remain in place (stay six feet apart, avoid shaking hands)
- No groups >10
- Resumption of some non-essential travel
* For all phases of the recovery, the public should continue good prevention practices:
- Stay home if sick
- Wash hands with soap and water/hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching face
- Sneeze/cough into a tissue or elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces
- Use cloth face coverings while in public
- Continue physical distancing and use protective equipment
- Temperature/wellness checks at entrances to public buildings and workplaces
- Sanitization and disinfection of common and high-traffic areas
- Limitations on business travel
Council & District Activities
Major Group activities and meetings in person are still restricted. Council and District planning meetings should continue via zoom.
Will remain closed for weekend use through June 30th. Work crews of ten or less will continue to work on the weekends for a weekend operational reopening in July (assuming the Forest Service lifts their ten-person restriction). Limited cabin rentals during the week for families of ten or less will be available beginning June 15th.
Double V Scout Ranch
Will be open for rental by Scout groups or families of ten or less beginning June 15th.
Council Service Center & Scout Shop
The Council Service Center in Tucson will continue to operate with limited public access. Meetings should continue to be scheduled via zoom through June.
The Catalina Scout Shop will continue with reduced hours and some restrictions. New hours will be Tuesday-Friday 10 AM to 5 PM and Saturday 9 AM to 1 PM. The Shop will be closed on Sundays and Mondays. There will be a limit of 3 customers in the store at a time and no cash, checks, or returns. Restrooms and dressing room will be closed. We will be following CDC guidelines for cleaning and social distancing. Curbside deliveries and mail orders will be in place for your convenience.
- Governor Ducey’s reopening guidance.
- CDC guidance
- BSA covid-19-faq/
- BSA Prevention: The Key to Successful Control of Infectious Diseases
- BSA Prevention Medical Screening Checklist