Council Camps

Both of the Council’s camps will stay open for rental and unit use until further notice. All persons renting facilities from the Council must comply with all Pima County local ordinances in regards to social distancing. 

Camp Lawton Scout Camp

Amenities: Butler Hall, Dining Hall, Kitchen, Campsites, Archery Range, and Cabins.

Double V Scout Ranch

Amenities: Ramadas, Pool, Shooting Range, and Campsites.

Freqently Asked Questions

UPDATED 1/22/2021 – The most recent updates are indicated by a diamond in front of the question.

Q: There was an extension for Part C, pre-placement exam of the Annual Health and Medical Record at my camp this summer, is that still in effect?   

As of 8/31/2020, the extension granted to certain BSA Accredited Council Camps and High Adventure Bases is expired. If your programs or activities require a valid Part C, it must be in place. As a reminder, if you are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, please ensure you have approval from your health care provider prior to attending camp.

We also encourage anyone whose medical condition or history has changed significantly since their last physical exam to get approval from their health care provider prior to attending camp.

Q: If my camp is cancelled, can my unit get together with other units and have our own camp?

No. Chartering organizations play an important role in the program and activities for their chartered units. Chartering organizations promote well-planned unit program for the units they charter and encourage their units to have active outdoor unit programs. Chartering organizations are not authorized to plan, promote, or deliver programs for units outside of their charter.

It is the role of the council to plan long-term or resident camps and the role of councils or districts to plan camporees and other outings during the year that give youth an opportunity to test their knowledge and skills in competitive events with other troops and/or patrols.

When units with different chartered organizations do activities together, this becomes a district or council event and requires council approval. In fact, some states require such activities to be licensed.

Should your troop, crew or ship decide to do a long-term camping program for their own unit (Cub Scouts units are prohibited from this activity) please note that the Scouter Code of Conduct and relevant program safety and training requirements are still in place, e.g., Safe Swim Defense, Hazardous Weather, Wilderness First Aid, etc.

Q: My Wilderness First Aid Course has been cancelled; can I still go on my trek? 

Current Wilderness First Aid (WFA) certification will continue to be required for backcountry adventures including trek programs and high adventure base participation. As a reminder, a current CPR/AED certification is a prerequisite for a WFA course.   

For fall 2020 through March 2021, please review options for NCAP accredited local council camps and National High Adventure Bases via a blended offering by ECSI: 

Note: Online-only WFA courses do not meet the WFA requirement.