Old Pueblo District’s Procedure for
Eagle Scout Service Project Approval Process
Click on blue text for more information.
Reminder: DO NOT take your Eagle Service Project Workbook to the Council Service Center for approval.
Update Information: For many reasons, the Eagle Project Approval Process will be updated and as changes are made the last date of the change will be indicated here: May 8, 2017.
Eagle Project Approvals:
- All Life Scouts needing to have an Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal approved will email the Old Pueblo District Advancement Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that his proposed project be scheduled for review. If the scout does not have an email address, he may submit the request through his parents’ email. The request is the scout’s responsibility not the parents’, Scoutmaster’s, or the Eagle Scout Service Project Coach’s. Requests should be submitted at least one week prior to the regularly scheduled Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal Boards of Review. The Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal Board meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month
- Within 3 days, the scout will receive an email with the date and time of the scheduled project review. If the schedule is too full due to the number of requests or board availability, the project review may be scheduled during an overflow date which will typically be the 1st or 2nd Thursday of the following month.
- Arrive 15 minutes in advance of the time on the date of the Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal review. Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal reviews are held at the LDS West Stake located at 3530 W Magee Road. Be sure that you have the most recent version of the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook. This can be found at http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/EagleWorkbookProcedures.aspx. Be sure that you have all of the required signatures and have the Fundraising Application filled out if you plan to raise donations of money or material for the project. Recommended dress for the Eagle Scout Project Review is the complete BSA Field Uniform (Class A Uniform). Parents, Scoutmaster, or Eagle Scout Service Project Coach of the Life Scout may sit in the Eagle Scout Project Review as observers and may not contribute to the discussion unless directly asked a question by the reviewers
Eagle Scout Board of Review:
- Upon completion of the Eagle Scout Service Project, the scout will need to complete the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook.
- The scout will need to fill out the Eagle Scout Rank Application, http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/512-728_WB_fillable.pdf, and submit the application, Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook, and all associated documentation in person to the Catalina Council Office and then give them to the Registrar. Be sure to keep a copy of all paperwork submitted.
- Upon review by the registrar, a letter will be sent to the individual scheduling him for his Eagle Scout Board of Review. Applications turned into the registrar prior to the last day of the month will generally have their Eagle Scout Board of Review scheduled on the 3rd Thursday of the following month. Eagle Scout Boards of Review are held at the LDS West Stake located at 3530 W. Magee Road. Recommended dress for the Eagle Scout Service Project is the complete BSA Field Uniform (Class A Uniform). Observers are not permitted during the Eagle Board of Review.