What is the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit (Scoutreach)?
It allows you to donate to a qualifying charitable organization, such as the Boy Scouts of America, Catalina Council, to receive a dollar for dollar tax credit on your state taxes.
Your generous tax credit contribution enables Catalina Council, BSA to provide outreach programs that serve minority, at-risk, special needs, refugee, foster, and economically diverse youth in our state.
- Scouting opportunities in low-income neighborhoods.
- Uniforms and supplies for children who otherwise could not afford to participate in Scouting.
- Access to camps and other outdoor activities.
By choosing to donate through the tax credit program, 100% of your money will go towards the Boy Scouts of America, and 100% comes back to you as a tax credit!
Arizona taxpayers are eligible for a tax credit of up to $400 for individuals or $800 for joint filers for donations to Qualifying Charitable Organizations (Q.C.O.).
Steps to Claim Your Credit
- Donate to our council using the button above.
- Claim the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit when filing your state taxes to qualify for a credit on your tax return.
- Done! You’ve now supported Scouting with your tax dollars!
For more information on how your credit contribution benefits youth in Southern Arizona, please contact us.
For specific tax related questions about the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit, please contact the Arizona Department of Revenue or your tax professional.