Participants in the two-day Trainer Course learn Leave No Trace skills and ethics as well as techniques for educating others about these low impact practices.
Trainer Courses typically take place over two consecutive days and involve spending more than half of the course outdoors. Graduates of a Trainer Course are prepared to offer Leave No Trace Awareness Workshops to their community.
October 8-9, 2021
LOCATION: Double V Scout Ranch
- ADDRESS: 3801 S Kinney Rd, Tucson, AZ 85713
CHECK-IN: Friday, October 8 at 5pm
CHECK-OUT: Saturday, October 9 at 6pm
FEE: $50.00 per attendee
- Registration closes October 1, 2021. Fee will rise to $65.00.
Open to BSA members only, Adults must be current on YPT, all participants shall be 14 years old and older at the start of the training.
Course Description: Participants will receive hands-on training in Leave No Trace skills, ethics, and the seven principles. Other related topics may be discussed. Participants will have to present a 10-minute Leave No Trace presentation/demonstration, to be coordinated before attendance and presented over the weekend.
Recognition: Upon completion of the course, trainers will receive the Leave No Trace Trainer patch from the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, along with a course certificate.
Participants who complete the course are equipped to:
- Understand, demonstrate, and teach minimum impact techniques.
- Lead outdoor ethics discussions and help others explore their own personal outdoor ethic; and,
- Conduct Leave No Trace Awareness Workshops and may assist at Leave No Trace Trainer Courses.