2017 Recharter is HERE!
Here’s how to get started:
- Pick up your re-charter packets from your Unit Commissioner. If they don’t have it, go to your District Commissioner.
- Select an adult to be the renewal processor for Internet Rechartering.
- Unit charter expiration date is November 21st, the renewal processor should gather recharter material and log onto the council website.
- Select First-Time User and enter the unit access code
- Select the unit type and enter the unit number.
- Create a password as instructed.
- Complete the information requested on each screen. You can stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by reentering your access code and password.
Here is what is new:
- Get your Unit Commissioner involved in processing your Charter. They are a GREAT resource to use.
- NEW FEES – $33 for registration per adult/youth, and a one-time fee of $3 for insurance per adult/youth. Also, remember the $40 annual charter fee.
- LDS units fees are paid by Salt Lake.
- Charters can be done on-line, including paying on-line.
- During this time you may change your leaders positions or delete as needed.
- To add a youth or an adult, you need an application, and turn in immediately.
- Make sure ALL LEADERS are “Youth Protection Trained”.
- Clicking on the submit button is last. You cannot submit is there are highlighted areas that are not completed properly.
- After clicking submit, then your COR or IH will electronically verify, and click submit again.
Here’s how to wrap it up: When you’ve completed all the information to recharter the unit, click the Submit button.
- Only Print the unit Charter Renewal Report Package if you need to, which includes the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Acquire the appropriate signatures on the application, then take the entire packet along with new applications and fee payments to your Unit Commissioner.
- Try to submit your Charter Renewal Packet on-line, for this will save a lot of time for all who is involved.
If you would like to practice before you start, the BSA has a free tuturial. TRY IT NOW
If you are ready to start click here to login or register for Internet Rechartering
Journey to Excellence Scorecards
Having Trouble? Please contact your Unit Commissioner, or your District Commissioner first if you have any questions. Otherwise, please feel free to contact Lisa Stallcup with any questions, comments or concerns @ Lisa.Stallcup@scouting.org, or your DE.